- Free shipping
- A museum-quality fine art print 200 gsm paper with a textured, matt finish.
- 100+ year colour guarantee
- Professional colour management
- 12-colour Giclée printers
- Museum quality process and materials
- Shipped usually within 4 working days
"Marlene" is an oil painting on canvas. This painting was painted from an old black and white photograph of Sesselja’s aunt when she was 16 years old in 1953, when Marilyn Monroe was the main inspiration for young women. The picture was taken by a professional photographer in a studio and Sesselja´s aunt posed with half open mouth and dreaming eyes like Monroe. Sesselja was fascinated by this atmosphere and the fashion of this time. It took Sesselja a whole year to finish the painting that was painted in layers of oil paint and dammar. All prints are available on a range of matt and lustre finishes, each carefully profiled for fantastically accurate and consistent reproductions using giclée printing techniques.