- Free shipping
- Finely textured artist-grade cotton canvas
- Professional artist stretcher bars milled from the finest quality kiln-dried knotless pine.
- Hand finished by experienced canvas framing team
- 100+ year colour guarantee
- Professional colour management
- 12-colour Giclée printers
- Museum quality process and materials
- Shipped usually within 6 working days
"The tear" is an oil painting on canvas that was painted for an exhibition at Mokka-kaffi, which is the oldest coffee-house in downtown Reykjavik. Sesselja painted this painting when Iceland had a deep financial crisis. She wanted to brighten up the lives of the Icelandic people and connect them to the earth. She began painting with yellow ochre, a color made from natural clay that belongs to the family of earth pigments ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ochre ). As a finial touch she blended dammar gum with oil color on the painting. This gum takes quite a long time to dry so when she collected this painting from the exhibition, four weeks later, the painting had cried in the financial crisis. Therefore she renamed the painting "The tear".