- Free shipping
- Finely textured artist-grade cotton canvas
- Professional artist stretcher bars milled from the finest quality kiln-dried knotless pine.
- Hand finished by experienced canvas framing team
- 100+ year colour guarantee
- Professional colour management
- 12-colour Giclée printers
- Museum quality process and materials
- Shipped usually within 6 working days
"Arctic tern I" is an oil painting on canvas. This painting was painted for art exhibition in Fjöruhúsið (https://www.facebook.com/FjoruhusidHellnum/) which is a small and beautiful restaurant by the sea in Hellnar. Hellnar is a beautiful seaside village in Iceland near Snæfellsjökull, which is Sesselja favorite glacier in the national park in Snæfellsnes on the west coast of Iceland. When Sesselja was growing up in Ólafsvík she often went Arnarstapi, Arnastapi and Hellnar on Sundays with her younger siblings to swim in the sea, pick berries and enjoy the nature. She didn't like the birds Artic tern (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arctic_tern ) because of their aggressive behavior. But when she grew up she learned to love them because of their strong drive to take care of their young. There is quite a large arctic tern colony in the village Arnarstapi, the next village to Hellnar. The birds migrate from their northern breeding grounds to the Antarctic coast for the southern summer and back again about six months later. These are by far the longest migrations known in the animal kingdom.